NetMass Incorporated is similar to a holding company in that operates its online backup business under a different website and a different name. Specifically, the name ServerBackup.com. This is done for several reasons:
- To help clarify what service is offered. ServerBackup.com is descriptive to the service it provides. Namely, fully private, hybrid, and fully cloud based server and data backup solutions.
- To help distinguish our backup services from our archiving services. While they may seem the same, backup and archiving are very distinct. More Info >
The 3-2-1 data archiving approach is the absolute best industry approach to protecting mission critical data through archive. It provides:
• 3 copies of your data
• 2 different storage technologies
• 1 copy offsite for DR purposes
More information can be found here.
Data archiving and data backup are systems designed to protect company processes and company data. However, the reasons for performing data backup differ from the reasons for performing data archiving. The main differences revolve around who will utilize the data and who drives the requirements for the processes.
Data Backup – Data backup focuses on preserving multiple point-in-time copies of active internal data for rapid recovery. The goal is to make sure that valid data can be recovered promptly in the event of loss due to disaster, outage, criminal mischief, system corruption, human error, or other unforeseen interruption. The business itself is the benefactor of backup data.
Data Archiving – Data archiving focuses on preserving a single provably correct copy of non-changing data that may be required for historical, legal, or external compliance reasons. The point is to guarantee the preservation of information for so that it is available for internal, legal, or regulatory discovery processes. While a company can benefit from archiving through primary storage offload and backup optimization, in many cases, external entities such as customers, courts, and regulators are the primary benefactors.
There is a whitepaper devoted to the topic. You may find it here: Whitepaper: Backup vs Archiving
NetMass is one of the original online backup and cloud storage providers. A pioneer of the offsite backup and data archiving industry, NetMass began leveraging the power of the internet for server backup in 1998. This was well before the term cloud was ever coined. For over 16 years, NetMass Incorporated has specialized in providing Internet based safe storage technologies and services. In the tumultuous backup industry where many companies come and go in the blink of an eye, NetMass offers dependability that is almost unrivaled. NetMass maintains a reputation for providing the best technologies combined with an outstanding service experience. Our long-term commitment to data protection is a big reason so many of our clients trust us with their data.
NetMass provides it’s services under separate operational arms. Each operational arm has its own website:
|ServerBackup.com||NetMass solutions that provide fully private, hybrid, and fully cloud based server and data backup solutions.|
|DataArchiving.com||NetMass solutions that allow fully private, hybrid, and fully cloud based archiving solutions that provide storage offloading, immutable storage (WORM), and data retention that meets corporate compliance needs.|
NetMass Incorporated is similar to a holding company in that operates its data archiving business under a different website and a different name. Specifically, the name DataArchiving.com. This is done for several reasons:
- To help clarify what service is offered. DataArchiving.com is descriptive to the service it provides. Namely, fully private, hybrid, and fully cloud based archving solutions that provide storage offloading, immutable storage (WORM), and data retention that meets corporate compliance needs.
- To help distinguish our data archiving services from our cloud backup services. While they may seem the same, archiving and backup are very distinct. More Info >